News:

Please post your question in the right forum. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Main Menu

Upwork's Connects Pricing is Changing Again

Started by WISH MASTER, April 03, 2019, 05:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WISH MASTER

Got another interesting mail from UpWork today. The leading freelancing market place is changing it's rules again. The original message goes as follows:

Starting in May, Connects will cost $0.15 each, with no free Connects.

• You'll need between 1 and 6 Connects, depending on the job, to submit a proposal.
  • Proposals submitted for invitations you receive from clients will continue to be free.
  • On average, most freelancers will spend about $5 per month or less on Connects.
Why are we making this change?

We want to help professional freelancers like you win more jobs. With paid Connects, we expect freelancers will submit fewer proposals, increasing your likelihood of winning projects and making it easier for clients to identify high-quality talent.

What does this mean for you?

• This change will take effect between May and June. We'll follow up with a reminder.
  • With this change, you can keep any unused Connects in your account, up to 140.
  • Because you're a Top Rated freelancer, we will also provide you with 60 additional free Connects to help you transition.

We understand this is a big change but feel this is the best way to create more opportunities for you through Upwork in the long term. To learn more about this change, visit our resource page.
Do not PM me. Post in the thread to get quick reply.

WISH MASTER

This means, you can't apply freely any job you wish. You have to spend your connects carefully. Otherwise you will spending money. Top rated freelancers are getting a benefits here. They will have some free 60 connects.

Also, applying a job won't cost you 2 connects anymore. It can go up to 6 depending on the job.

I know many freelancers are not going to happy with this. UpWork already raised their fees from 10% to 20% lately. Now they are charging freelancers again.

But, remember this is to eradicate the spam people are getting after posting a job.

SO, what do you think about this change?
Do not PM me. Post in the thread to get quick reply.