News:

Please post your question in the right forum. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Main Menu

Contact Form (CF7) can't send message, what to do?

Started by DJ RONY, May 20, 2019, 02:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ RONY

I have been facing this issue in one of my client site. the CF7 suddenly stopped sending e-mails.

It was giving an error like the following.

"There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later".

So, my first thought was anything wrong with the CF7 itself. I head back to the contact forms in the wp admin panel. In the mail tab of CF7, I checked every settings is OK. There is no validation error too.

The from e-mail address is also set as from the same domain.

Next my thought was there might be a hosting issue. Now, this site was hosted by siteground. It's been very rare they will block anything of CF7. I went to the cPanel. Checked the MX record. It was set to Google Mail System and the server is configured to use remote mail exchanger.

There were no problems too.

Then I went back to WP-Admin again and saw there is a post man plugin activated that is used to send mail from this site. I deactivated the plugin and BINGO!... the CF7 is working again.

I am telling you so much details so you know where to look up when you are in same kind of trouble.

I do what I love, Money Comes on the Way.

DJ RONY

If deactivating plugins doesn't work and it is the problem of your host, then try this YouTube video: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In here what is said: you need to create a mail account in your cPanel. It will be same as the from address in the Mail tab of CF7.

Then use that mail account to configure a SMTP mailer plugin in WordPress.

DJ RONY

Also, check this post. This describes most of your problem and solution: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

WISH MASTER

There are several reasons why CF7 can't submit your data. The error is always shown in red letter.

01. Check if you have filled all the required field of the form.
02. Your CF7 settings in the backend is OK.
03. Your host is not blocking any outgoing mail delivery port. This happens mostly in shared hosting.

If everything is OK, but you are still getting an error message  like the following:

Then check if your MX record are pointing to the current server. Hosting like namecheap shared will not allow msg to be sent from this server if the MX record are pointed to some other services like Google.

On this case you need to configure an SMTP plugin like: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login so you can send mail from your won mail server.

A free gmail account can be configured to do this mail routing. THese plugins have good documentation.

Let me know if you are facing problem like this.
Do not PM me. Post in the thread to get quick reply.