News:

Please post your question in the right forum. We will answer it as soon as possible.

Main Menu

Migrating a WordPress site without FTP or MySQL Access, is it possible?

Started by DJ RONY, July 22, 2016, 07:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ RONY

I have a client who is asking to move a WordPress site without having FTP and MySQL access.

I was thinking hard, is it possible?

If you have an admin account to your site's dashboard then you can use plugin like backupbuddy, wpbackup or some other WordPress plugin to create a local copy of the site. Then download it and upload it elsewhere. This is a solution.

But, what if you do not have an admin account to the site? Then how will you move/copy the site?

One option right in my head is, copy the site manually. Grab it with a copier like: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and then use it.

This is not a total solution. You might copy the site, but you are not having the plugins and themes etc in that copy. It is just copied as it is served to you by the browser.
I do what I love, Money Comes on the Way.

mostak.apu

For migrating a WordPress site it is best to have the c-panel access, If you does not have that access then wordress admin panel access is necessary with out have c-panel or wordpress admin panel access it's not possible to migrate a WordPress site, with HTTrack Website Copier software only the html portion of a current them can be copied nothing more, no themes or plugins cannot be migrated.